St Peter's Church, Ash
Updated: Aug 4
We are delighted to announce that Nye Saunders’ Director, Adam Hieke, has added the beautiful and ancient Church of St Peter’s in Ash to the list of Churches under his care.
The oldest parts of St Peter’s date back to Norman times, the south aisle and Lady Chapel being noted as circa 1170 in origin.
The impressive Tower is of 15th Century origin with a glorious 19th Century shingled broach spire, and the welcoming oak framed and brick infilled south entrance porch dates to the 16th Century.
Later on, in 1865, the Nave, Chancel and current Vestry accommodation were added, and a further extension was erected in the early 20th Century to provide a new Clergy Vestry and organ chamber.
St Peter’s is continuing to improve its facilities to provide accessibility for all and Nye Saunders are looking forward to assisting them.
St Peter’s continues to play a huge role in the community with its accompanying Hall being used by many groups of all ages as well as being the home of Little Fishes Pre-School.
Adam has a very personal connection to St Peter’s as he and his wife were actually married there some years ago and this delightful image of the Church was painted for that occasion by a former colleague, Richard Greening, now sadly passed away and was used for the order of service.